Welcome to the Minerva NewcombMountaineers Athletic PageMr. Edward Pagnotta - Athletic Director MinervaMr. Matt Winslow - Athletic Director Newcomb
Minerva Central School offers the following sports during the school year.Soccer / Basketball / Baseball & Softball / TennisThese sports are offered at the varsity, modified and elementary levels.A few reminders about our upcoming Winter sports season
- Congratulations to our Fall soccer teams for a good season.
- If you have not already done so, please make sure there is an updated copy of your sports physical on file in Mrs. Frasier's office.
- Every athlete and parent needs to read the sign and return the permission slip and medical release form attached.
- Please read/review the Parent / Student Extra-Curricular Handbook
- A reminder that we have several holidays that fall during the Winter sports season. Practices can be scheduled during breaks so please plan accordingly.
- We are all looking forward to seeing some great basketball games.
- Early Practice: A supervised study hall is provided by MCS staff in room 202, or in teacher supervised homework hall. The school day ends at 2:36. Students are expected to either go home at dismissal and return to practice (3:30) or report to the supervised study hall.
- Late Practice: (generally 5:00 in Minerva and 5:30 in Newcomb) All students MUST go home and return at the designated time.
- Games: The same guidelines apply to students awaiting the start of home games or transportation to away games.
- Behavior: If behavior problems are reported, parents will be called to pick up their child and students forfeit the opportunity to participate in athletics that day. Persistent after school behavior problems will result in suspension from the team
- Athletic practices are held in Minerva and Newcomb on a rotating schedule. This schedule is developed weekly by the athletic director and posted on the school website.