In accordance with New York State Education Law Section 2-d, the Minerva Central School District provides the following Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security, which is applicable to all students and their parents and legal guardians.
1) A student's personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes;
2) In accordance with FERPA and Section 2-d of the New York State Education Law, parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record;
3) State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred;
4) A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State is available for public review at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/documentation/NYSEDstudentData.xlsx
or in PDF
format or by writing to the Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany NY 12234, email to CPO@mail.nysed.gov. The complaint process is under development and will be established through regulations to be proposed by NYSED’s Chief Privacy Officer, who has not yet been appointed.
5) Parents have the right to submit complaints about possible breaches of student data. Any such complaint must be submitted, in writing, to:
Timothy Farrell, Superintendent
1466 County Route 29
Olmstedville, NY 12857
More information Resources