Hello ! Welcome from Mr. Kyle H. McFarland - Superintendent"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselvesthroughout their lives."~ Robert HutchinPlease feel free to contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.orgHelpful LinksClick on the link below for previous newsletter articles
From the Superintendent
The end of the school year is quickly approaching. It has certainly been a challenging one and has shown what perseverance and resiliency can do. Minerva has been able to stay open all year for in-person instruction (with a few hiccups), create new activities for students, and have continued to make a culture that helps foster growth for all students. With the end of the year coming, it also means that we have some students that will be moving on and graduating!
This is such an exciting and important time in their lives. With pre-kindergarten included, this has been 14-years of their lives in school! This means that many of our graduating seniors started school in 2006! It is hard to think back that far, especially with what our last year-plus has been. However, I want to take a moment to highlight some important things that happened during 2006-2007.
- “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” premiere on TV.
- The final Harry Potter book was released
- Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone for the very first time.
- The Indianapolis Colts beat the Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl.
- “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce was the number one song of the year.
- “High School Musical 2” premiered.
- Some movies that were released were Spider-Man 3, Shrek the Third, Transformers, and Ratatouille.
- The Boston Red Sox won their second World Series in four years.
- YouTube was only 2-years old!
- AOL and MSN instant messaging was the way to contact your friends!
- You had to print maps off of Google Maps if you needed directions.
- The verb “to google” was added to the Oxford English Dictionary.
- MySpace was still a thing.
These are just a few of the important and exciting things that happened when our soon-to-be graduates started pre-school! So much has changed and will continue to. At Minerva, we have set up our graduates (and all of our students) to succeed when they leave us.
Congratulations to our graduates! Congratulations to all of our students!
Kyle H. McFarland