HEALTH 10 EXPECTATIONS1. All students are expected to arrive to class on time and prepared for class. "On time" means BEFORE the second bell to start the period rings. "Prepared for class" means having all the appropriate books, notebooks, pens and pencils to participate in Health class. Students will not be allowed to go to their lockers to pick up forgotten material. If a student forgets anything, they are still expected to participate in class as usual and make up any work missed (by the following day) because of their lack of preparedness. This lack of preparedness WILL affect a student's grade. Three tardies to class will result in a referral for detention.
2. Students will show respect, verbally as well as nonverbally, to all students and adults while in our class. Students will receive three warnings for minor disrespect with a fourth occurrence resulting in a referral to the office and probable detention. Major disrespect will not be tolerated and will result in an immediate referral to the office for disciplinary action.
3. Late homework will not be accepted unless it is an extenuating circumstance.
4. If a student is absent on a class day, the student is expected to make up any and all work that was assigned immediately upon returning to school. If a test or quiz is given on a day in which a student is absent, the student is expected to make arrangements immediately upon returning to school to make the test up. (I will not search a student out to make up work. The student is expected to find me to make up the work or receive the zero they have earned.)
5. Quizzes, homework/classwork, and class participation will count for 1/2 of a student’s grade. Unit Tests will count 1/2 of a student’s grade. Study sheets will be given prior to any Unit Test.
6. Cheating will not be tolerated. If a person is caught cheating, they will receive a zero on that assignment or test the first time. The second time will result in a zero and a referral to the office for detention, with parents being called.
7. Health is a class in which positive self-esteem and "good feelings" are stressed. Please keep this in mind at all times so that everyone may enjoy a relaxed and stress free atmosphere in our class.