Bus Driver Position
Zach Pierson, Johnsburg Athletic Director
Candice Husson, Minerva Athletic Director
firstname.lastname@example.org (518)251-2921 ext.
3121 email@example.com (518)251-2000 ext. 115
Dear Johnsburg-Minerva Communities,
The Johnsburg Minerva Athletic Program has been committed to the safety of our students throughout the pandemic while doing our best to provide opportunities for our students through our combined athletic
We were successful in implementing and completing our fall seasons in both soccer and cross country.
Having both of these sports outside did help mitigate most health and safety concerns for our students!
As we move into the winter seasons of basketball and nordic, we have begun to see an increase in COVID cases in our communities. We want to be sure that it is clear that our number one priority continues to be the safety and health of our students. The administration and the athletic directors have met to discuss the continuation of the seasons and what we need to do to continue to keep our students safe and continue to provide them with athletics this winter.
The following steps will be taken to continue to ensure the safety of our athletes. We are asking for your
support, cooperation, and help with implementing these procedures and guidelines.
1. Athletes will continue to wear masks on the bus, during practice, and during games. Each athlete will be provided a “team” mask to wear before the games and will have access to an ample supply of medical masks that are easier to breathe in during games.
2. Nordic is conducted mostly outside. They do not need to wear masks at this time when practicing or participating in meets outside. However, whenever they are on the bus or in a building, they need to wear masks.
3. Coaches will monitor athletes' mask use and social distancing. Coaches will provide ample breaks for athletes.
4. During home games, our athletes will be separated from fans during the games. Both JCS and MCS athletes’ benches will be on one side of the gym, and fans will be on the other.
5. Varsity players will have a place to sit behind the modified before their game, and there will be a place for the modified to sit behind the Varsity after their game.
6. Modified players and families are strongly encouraged to leave after their game if they do not have Varsity players to watch. This will decrease the number of people at the games.
7. Varsity players and families are strongly encouraged to wait to arrive at games until 30min before the start of their game.
8. Spectators will be required to wear masks at all times within the school buildings.
9. Spectators will be expected to social distance while on the bleachers.
10. As always, food and drink are not allowed in the gymnasium.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and cooperation during these trying times!
Dear MCS family and friends:
Throughout the summer, we have been tracking COVID-19 and the ongoing pandemic. We have been closely monitoring its possible impact on MCS while also waiting and looking for guidance from the State and Department of Health. We recently received guidance from the New York State Education Department on reopening our schools for the 2021-2022 school year. Our MCS reopening committee has been working on creating the best plan to ensure the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and families for the upcoming school year.
Our 2021-2022 reopening plan is almost identical to the 2020-2021 reopening plan, which was highly successful for MCS. Last year’s plan kept us open almost all year with a few blips. As a committee, we wanted to build off of this strong plan to ensure that 2021-2022 would be an even better year. There are a few differences between the two reopening plans.
- For the 2021-2022 school year, there is no option for remote or virtual learning. New York State did not approve this availability. All students will be back to school in the building full-time.
- There does not need to be social distancing on school transportation. However, due to regulations, any individual riding school transportation needs to wear a mask full-time.
- Social distancing has been lessened from 6-feet to 3-feet.
- Secondary students will be moving from class to class.
- Fall athletics are scheduled to proceed as they normally would.
- With the help of the Essex County Department of Health, we may be able to randomly screen interested individuals and test individuals who may be showing signs and symptoms of COVID. The committee did keep many essential aspects of last year’s plan in this year’s plan. Some of them are:
- Masks must be worn in the building at all times when social distancing cannot be maintained or if an individual is moving around the classroom/school.
- The daily Pinpoint screening will continue this year.
- MCS will continue to implement the cleaning and sanitizing procedures used throughout all of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Essex County Department of Health will still be the entity that determines if an individual is subject to quarantine, not the School. Our changes to the 2021-2022 reopening plan are attached. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me, and I will take the time necessary to answer all of your questions. As with last year, with your help, we will be able to reopen and keep open for the whole school year. Your commitment to the safety of our students/faculty/staff and our students’ education will make this another successful school year.
Kyle H. McFarland School Superintendent
Minerva Central School and its reopening committee has been working all summer to develop a plan to safely return all students to in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 school year. We have reviewed all relevant guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, the American Association of Pediatrics, and the NYS Education Department. The committee met several times over the summer to develop the plan. We believe we have developed a plan to keep our students and staff safe while providing our students with the quality instruction they deserve.
Click the link below for the 2021-2022 Reopening Guidance
Minerva Central School Reopening 2021-2022